Pages

October 12, 2008

Have you ever thank your mom and dad? Here's your chance

In the midst of all the goofiness of the past weeks, something came up. I remember my mom and dad. Or my "mama and papa" as i call them. It's not mother's or father's day. It's not even their birthday. But whatever the occasion is, it's never bad to tell my mom and dad how much I love them. But i guess, I am usually hindered by the awkward thoughts and feeling that I might feel with the idea of saying "I love you" to them personally. I know there are times that they are very much frustrated about me - all because I didn't listen to them. And in as much as I am an advocate of independent choices, such choices do not come from a vacuum. The wisdom of parents does not come from what they tell you point-black. I learned to read between the lines and understand that my parents' choices are always made out of love. Thank you Mama and Papa, I won't let you down.

No comments: